Secure Data Centre
Secure Online Backup
Your data is sent compressed and encrypted via a SSL connection to our UK based secure data centre where it is stored in mirrored redundant storage arrays. Every offsite backup user can limit the online access to his data to a predefined list of IP-addresses.
Gigasoft uses a SSL connection with a protocol similar to the one used for online banking. So despite the fact that your data is submitted via the internet it is impossible for people who intercept it to read the content.
The encryption key which you generate yourself is only known by you. If you lose your encryption key your backup will be lost forever! The content of your backup is absolutely unreadable to Gigasoft despite the fact that Gigasoft has access to the encrypted files stored on our offsite storage or backup servers.
Always keep your encryption key in a safe and secure place!
Gigasoft owns a UK based ISO27001 accredited data centre. It is heavily protected against infiltration, fire and power outage. The offsite SAN array can only be accessed by qualified Gigasoft staff. The servers and SAN arrays are being continually monitored 24 hours a day.
- Point-to-point SSL communication between server and client.
- Supports HTTP/HTTPS Proxy and Socks v4/v5 firewall.
- The data is 256-bit encrypted and compressed.
- Choice of different encryption algorithms, e.g. TwoFish, Triple DES, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
- Choice of different encryption modes, e.g. Electronic Cook Book (ECB) en Cipher Block Chaining (CBC).
- A random initialisation vector and iteration counter are generated automatically during encryption.
- Each backup user can restrict online access to his files to a pre-defined list of IP addresses.